My daughter and I are going to an Enchanted Forest themed baby shower this weekend, and I wanted to make an embellished headband for her that fits the theme!
The hair bow featured is set on a nude nylon headband but can also be set on an alligator clip.
Here is the supply list I used to make my embellished hair bow:
- Savannah Natural hair bow
- Wooden shapes from Dollar Tree (one mushroom + two leaves)
- Anita’s all-purpose acrylic paint in the color Terra Cotta
- Apple Barrel matte paint in the color Cardinal Crimson
- Folk Art chalk paint in the color Sheepskin
- Waverly chalk paint in the color Moss (not displayed in photo above)
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue gun
- Glue stick
First, I mixed Terra Cotta, Cardinal Crimson and Sheepskin paint together until I got the color I liked for the mushroom top.
I painted the top of the mushroom, making sure to get front and back, inside the holes and along the edges.
Next, I figured out where I wanted to place the leaves and mushroom. I decided I wanted to put a leaf on either side and the mushroom in the center.
While the top of the mushroom was drying, I painted the leaves in the color Moss.
I set the leaves aside to dry, and painted the stem of the mushroom in the color Sheepskin.
After all of my embellishments were completely dry, I hot glued them in place.
Here is the finished product.
And here is the headband on my daughter!
I would love to hear if you’ve tried this out in the comments below!